This time, it’s another .gif from a comedy, Ted.
What does this tweet mean? Here’s some leading theories, mostly revolving around GameStop bears reactions to the stock gaining over 45% intraday.
We’re getting higher
- The gif is a bear getting higher. So this would make sense, but, a one-dimensional theory. We must dig deeper.
Bears are fucked, getting choked
- The most basic of all explanations. We’re getting high and bears are getting fucked. They can’t take the smoke and are getting choked.
- Bears thought they’d get a smooth hit, can’t even keep it down (for more than a day after earnings).
- Now, the bears are coughing up a ton of wasted put premium.
he’s referencing “Gorilla panic” quotes from ted
- In the movie, John and Ted discussed different strains of marijuana.
we could expect news on 4/20
- This is far-out speculation, largely disconnected from reality, but we’re mentioning it to cover what others sources are saying.
- Ryan Cohen seems to take after Elon Musk, who had once discreetly announced a $TSLA 5:1 stock split through a tweet that wasn’t deciphered until after. Elon also has a fascination with the number 420.
- 4/20, otherwise known as Weed Day, falls on a Tuesday this year, so the markets would be open. Don’t count on anything, but it’s worth a note. It’s also a meme, and GameStop is widely known to the markets as a “Meme Stock.”
- The recently listed “Snazzy Bananya” GameStop Exclusive Plushie which many believe references Roaring Kitty & the “apes,” has a shipping date of 4/20.
We’ll be sure to update this post as we dig deeper and discover new potential, speculative, meanings. Thanks Ryan for never letting us rest.